Keraring-Intrastromal corneal ring
The most comprehensive and versatile corneal remodeling system in existence on the world market
Keraring, an intrastromal ring segment, is a precision implantable device designed specifically for treating corneal ectasias and reducing refraction errors associated with keratoconus.
• Keratoconus with corrected low visual acuity and intolerance to the use of contact lenses
• Pellucid marginal degeneration
• Post-refractive surgery corneal ectasia (PRK, LASIK)
• Post radial keratotomy (RK) irregular astigmatism
• High astigmatism post-penetrating cornea transplant
• Post-trauma corneal irregularities
• Acute keratoconus with keratometry > 70 D.
• Major central leucoma
• Post-penetrating transplant, if the button is off-center
• Severe atopy
• Recurrent corneal erosion syndrome
• High expectation of emmetropia without correction
• Corneal remodeling through addition of tissue: Preserves corneal integrity.
• Topographic regularization and refractive correction, conserving the natural prolate shape: Reduces optical aberrations, improves visual acuity and tolerance of contact lenses.
• Displacement of the corneal apex towards the center of the pupil
• Stabilization of corneal ectasia: delays cornea transplants indefinitely.
VARIABLE OPTICAL ZONE
Keraring is available in 2 models (SI-5 and SI-6) for implantation in 5.0, 5.5 and 6.0 mm optical zones, depending on the preference of the surgeon and the requirements of each case.
ARC SEGMENTS AND VARIABLE THICKNESSES
Keraring offers 40 different thickness, arc length and diameter options, allowing for greater customization of corneal remodeling and refractive correction.
EXCLUSIVE PRISMATIC DESIGN
Keraring’s design generates a prismatic effect by which the light coming through the implant is reflected, reducing the incidence of glare and halos.
GREATER REFRACTIVE CORRECTION
Keraring corrects low, moderate, and high degrees of myopia and astigmatism.
Keraring can be removed at any time, allowing the cornea to return to its original characteristics. The procedure is reversible.
Refractional and topographic effects can be easily readjusted by replacing and/or repositioning the implant.
COMPATIBILITY WITH COMPLEMENTARY TECHNIQUES
The Keraring implant allows synergistic combination with techniques such as collagen cross-linking, PRK and phakic IOL implants.
HIGH RATE OF SATISFACTION
Keraring patients enjoy high levels of satisfaction with major positive effects on their quality of life.
As it is a minimally invasive technique, it allows the patient to quickly resume their normal activities. Topographic and refraction alterations start in an average of three months.
SURGICAL TECHNIQUE AND TRAINING
The Keraring implant is a procedure that is easy to learn and execute. It is performed using topical anesthetic under an outpatient regime. The surgical instrument was designed specifically for the manual dissection and femtosecond laser dissection techniques. Prior to implanting Keraring, surgeons must take part in one of the accreditation courses offered by Mediphacos and its distributors. Request an up-to-date course schedule or personalized training at your own clinic.
NOMOGRAMS AND CONSULTANCY
Correctly selecting the Keraring size and position for each case is of great importance for the result. Based on the statistical analysis of thousands of results, Mediphacos periodically updates its implant calculation nomograms and offers permanent high quality technical advice and consultancy services.
- Material: Medical grade PMMA
- Models: Sl5 (5mm optical zone) and Sl6 (5.5mm or 6mm optical zone) · Variable thickness: from 150 μm to 350 μm (all models) with increments of 50 μm
- Variable arc length:
- Sl-5: 90º, 120º, 160º, 210ºand 355°
- Sl-6: 90º, 120º, 150º, 210º
- Packaging: 1 ring segment per box
Request for more information
Feel free to request for a call back if you are interested in any of our listed products. Our friendly advisers are more than happy to answer any queries that you may have!