EVOLUTION IN VISUAL FREEDOM™
STAAR Surgical Company (NASDAQ: STAA), a leading developer, manufacturer and marketer of implantable lenses and companion delivery systems for the eye has been dedicated solely to ophthalmic surgery for over 30 years. The company offers the EVO Visian implantable Collamer® lenses (ICLs) to treat visual disorders, such as myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism, and presbyopia; and Hyperopic ICL, which treats far-sightedness.
These lenses are intended to provide visual freedom for patients, lessening or eliminating the reliance on glasses or contact lenses. All of these lenses are foldable, which permits the surgeon to insert them through a small incision. STAAR’s lens used in refractive surgery is called an Implantable Collamer Lens or “ICL”. Nearly 600,000 Visian ICLs have been implanted to date.
Many vision correction procedures promise an improved level of vision, but few vision correction options offer the quality and features found with the Visian® ICL. Namely:
- Does not induce dry eye syndrome
- Sharp, Clear Vision
- Excellent Night Vision
- Great for those with thin corneas
- UV protection built into the biocompatible lenses
- A typically quick, 20-30 minute or less procedure and most people are able to resume daily activities in just a few short days with clearer vision
- Treats myopia (nearsightedness), hyperopia (farsightedness) and astigmatism.
Removability for your peace of mind
The advantage of the Visian® ICL is that it can permanently correct your vision, yet no natural tissue is removed in any way during the procedure. If for the unlikely reason you need or wish to remove your Visian® ICLs in the future, your doctor can accommodate you.
Vision correction with a legacy of success
Visian® ICL has been approved in Europe since 1997 and in the U.S. since 2005. In that time, over 550.000 eyes have been implanted with Visian® ICLs by certified, specialized surgeons with a study showing a 99% patient satisfaction rate.
In harmony with your natural eye
For people who value health and wellness the Visian ICL could be the choice for you. The Collamer base of the lens material is biocompatible, meaning it is designed to function in harmony with your natural eye.
The STAAR Visian® ICL and the Visian® TORIC ICL (Visian® TICL) are posterior chamber phakic intraocular lenses. Made of Collamer, STAAR’s proprietary collagen copolymer, the lens rests behind the iris in the ciliary sulcus. This unique material contains a small amount of collagen, which provides excellent biocompatibility and superior optical capability. The lens is gently folded and injected into the anterior chamber through a 3.0mm. The Visian ICL produces not only improved visual acuity (20/20 vision is considered normal visual acuity), but also excellent visual quality. Many patients experience the “Wow” factor when they experience the immediate improvement in the quality of their vision.
- Collamer, the 100 percent pure collagen copolymer lens material of the Visian® ICL, is not viewed as a foreign object by the body’s immune system.
- The Visian® ICL offers a wider treatment range for myopia than LASIK and PRK procedures.
- Unlike traditional contact lenses, once the Visian® ICL is implanted in the eye, there is no additional maintenance needed.
- After implantation in over 550.000 eyes worldwide, the Visian® ICL has established a proven track record of safety.
- The placement of the Visian® ICL makes the lens invisible to the patient and any observer.
- The Visian® ICL was designed to be permanently placed in the eye. However, the lens can be removed if a patient’s vision changes or if it otherwise needs to be removed or replaced.
- Available for myopic and hyperopic cases. Toric is available also for myopic patients.
Request for more information
Feel free to request for a call back if you are interested in any of our listed products. Our friendly advisers are more than happy to answer any queries that you may have!